I’ve been showing you around Thundersley because it’s home to me, and it’s where I walk most days. I also want my family and friends around the world to see my local community, and I hope to sow some seeds… maybe if I show you the place that has taken me to its heart, you will start to care about it, and you might even come visit. It’s worth a try! As villages go, it’s a good one.
Today, however, brought sad news. There was a major fire in our little pet shop yesterday, and the local owner will be closing, at least for the time being. I’m not even a pet owner, but I’ve been in, I know Andie, and I am shocked and saddened by the news. She knew the village animals and their owners, and could always point me to the right treats for special dogs. (Ned Clarke and I have had a lovely friendship ever since he was puppy, and yes, we exchange Christmas gifts every year.) A fire like this one is big drama for a little village. The shop still looks fine from the outside, but the inside has been heavily damaged. Thankfully, the fire was quickly contained and none of the surrounding shops burned, but the shock waves have rocked us all.